Winona ORC acknowledges the rights of individuals to take charge and responsibility for their lives and their careers. We see someone as a person first, not one who is defined by their disability.
Services and supports are built on strengths, talents, and skills of the individual. In our organization, the individual decides what types of services are needed and the type of employment and training opportunities in which to participate.
Some of the guiding principles of this person centered approach are:
- Recognizing the right of individual to make informed choices and take responsibility for those choices
- Each individual participates in decision making and planning
- The unique needs and desires of the individual are taken into account when determining services. Support services build on the strengths, talents, and skills of the individual
- Staff and other stakeholders are committed to supporting a better life for the individual, according to the individual’s wishes
Who We Serve
Winona ORC serves people in Southeastern Minnesota who have disabilities. The individuals we serve need to be 18 years or older, have self-care skills, and written verification of their disability. We serve people with a variety of disabilities including mental health conditions, developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injury, chemical dependency, and physical impairments.
Click on the links to the right for specific information about our programs.
If you are interested in our services, contact Leslie Swartling, Director of Client Services:
- By phone: 1-507-452-1855
- By email: [email protected]
- At our office: 1053 East Mark Street, Winona MN 55987