Placement Services – Connecting Job Seekers with Employers
Are you looking for qualified employees? Please consider Winona ORC for your employment needs! Winona ORC Job Placement Services is working toward improving employment and career opportunities for people with disabilities and special needs. We partner with many local businesses including Rochester Quality Building Maintenance, Winona School District, Culvers, Hy-Vee, Walmart, Winona 7 Theatre, Fastenal, and Chartwell Food Services. Our goal is to succeed in the placement of a client with an employer.
Supported employment provides gainful employment, independence, and community integration for adults with disabilities. The services offered are job development, job placement, assistance in creating resumes, on the job training, support on or off the work site, and coordination with employers. WORC staff maintains ongoing contact with both the individual and the employer in order to achieve and maintain successful employment. Job training and coaching onsite are available at no cost to you. For more information, call Samantha Goff at 452-1855 ext. 122 or email her at [email protected].
Individual Placement & Support Services
IPS employment helps people who live with mental illness find employment with jobs that match their experience and skills. Once an individual finds a job, the IPS program provides support to help overcome any barriers to job success. Winona ORC collaborates with Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Services and the State of Minnesota Vocational Rehabilitation Services. For more information, call Ami Sholes at 452-1855 ext. 116 or email her at [email protected].
Our placement team specializes in the following employment solutions:
- Matching: Participants in our programs are matched with a job opening in a business.
- Job Coaching: WORC provides on-site job coaching to supplement training.
- Job Support: WORC provides coordination and support for employer and employees to ensure success and retention.
Benefits to you as an employer include:
- Candidates are pre-screened to match skills with job openings.
- No hiring fees involved.
- Job training and coaching onsite is offered, resulting in efficiency and reduced costs to you.
- Diversity of employees.
- Provides a learning experience for your current staff to work alongside people with disabilities.
- Establishes a relationship with an employment source that cares about the success of individuals working with you for the long term.
What type of employment experience do our participants have?
- Food Service
- Customer Service
Hiring People with Disabilities Is Good Business
- You may qualify for tax savings through the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.
- People with disabilities have equal or higher job performance ratings, higher retention rates, and lower absenteeism.
- People with disabilities often work harder and are very loyal to their employer.
- It is good for public relations, and it is good for our community.
- Diverse work groups can create better solutions to business challenges.