Job Coach: Full time CBS
Provide supervision, vocational training, and support to people with disabilities in community job sites. Transport clients as needed. Ensure that job site is maintained to customer specifications and satisfaction by providing superior customer service.
- CLIENT SUPPORT (15%) – Train clients in accordance with customer’s standards and requirements. Assist clients in developing work skills and ethics. Review client timecard for accuracy before submission.
- COMMUNITY JOB SITE MAINTENANCE (30%) – Collaborate with customer to ensure customer satisfaction. Responsible for completion of all assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain quality standards at job site. Update and maintain assigned site books. Perform quality checks and promptly submit to supervisor for review.
- TRANSPORTATION (10%) – Transport clients as needed from home to work, and between job sites. Traffic laws and transportation policy must be followed at all times.
- COMMUNICATION AND TEAM PARTICIPATION (30%) – Act as a liaison between customer, client, vocational case workers, and supervisor. Advise case workers and supervisor as needed through written and oral communication to develop client skills and improve behaviors. Communicate in a manner that protects and ensures client confidentiality. Communicate effectively with other staff. Attend departmental meetings and other meetings as required. Participate in all activities that are requested, and perform other duties as assigned. Support team decisions. Seek out supervisor with concerns.
- ADMINISTRATION (15%) – Maintain accurate and current records. Site books are maintained and kept current. Review schedule and email on a daily basis to ensure knowledge of changes and new assignments. Ensure activities and operations are carried out in compliance with all regulatory agencies and with Winona ORC’s mission, vision and goals.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS/STANDARDS
- CLIENT SUPPORT – Clients understand job duties and develop necessary skills to complete tasks. Timecards are accurate and turned in on a daily basis.
- COMMUNITY JOB SITE MAINTENANCE – Customer is satisfied with quantity and quality of work. Job is started and completed on time. Site book is accurate and up to date. Quality checks are performed on a regular basis and submitted in a timely manner.
- TRANSPORTATION – Clients are transported as scheduled. Traffic laws and transportation policy are followed at all times.
- COMMUNICATION AND TEAM PARTICIPATION – Changes and concerns are communicated effectively and efficiently to maintain job site and develop client skills and improve behaviors. Client confidentiality is maintained. All meetings are attended, absences need prior approval. Team decisions are supported and concerns have been addressed. All duties assigned by supervisor have been completed.
- ADMINISTRATION–Accurate and current records are maintained. Schedule and email are reviewed on a daily basis. Activities and operations are carried out in compliance with all regulatory agencies and with Winona ORC’s mission, vision and goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
|Education:||· Minimum of High School Diploma|
|Experience:||· Prefer previous experience working with people with disabilities
· Computer literate.
|Language Skills:||· Proficient writing, speaking, and communication skills in English|
|Mathematical Skills:||· Able to perform routine math functions|
|Mental Demands:||· Able to perform functions described in core accountabilities with minimal supervision
· Able to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
|· Able to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
· Required to adhere to the most current Pandemic Action and Prevention Plan for WORC
|Licensing or Certifications and other requirements:||· CPR and First Aid certification, valid driver’s license, and current vehicle insurance
· Able to pass MN Department of Human Services background study
· Able to pass drug screening and criminal background check
|MOBILITY||WEIGHT – LIFT/CARRY|
|Bend||Climb||Crawl||Sit||Stand||Walk||10 lbs or less||11 – 20 lbs||21 – 50 lbs||Over 100 lbs|
|DEXTERITY||WEIGHT – PULL/PUSH|
|Feel||Finger||Grasp||Handle||Reach Outward||Reach Above||10 lbs or less||11 – 20 lbs||21 – 50 lbs||Over 100 lbs|
Other Physical Requirements (List any Personal Protective Equipment PPE)
Must use PPE as required or specific for job site or location as assigned. Examples: gloves, safety eyewear, hearing protection, safety shoes, aprons, smocks.
The core accountabilities in this job description are the essential functions and duties of the job. The description does not describe marginal functions or responsibilities that may also be part of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the job. Duties, responsibilities, hours, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to meet business needs.
Expected hours of work: Core days of this position are Monday through Friday with hours established as needed to meet the needs of the department. This position may require long hours, overtime, weekend and holiday work as job duties demand.
Scope of Authority
- Responsible for efficient and effective performance within scope of duties
- Help sustain consistent application of policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance
- May not make exceptions to Winona ORC policies and procedures
Decisions beyond the normal scope of this position must be authorized by the Community Based Services Manager or Director of Operation & Sales